Wednesday, July 2, 2014

China Trip: Day 5

My streak of no bug bites officially ended! Though the hotel had impressive layout and decor compared to the last, it was not well maintained. Last night, I heard bugs buzzing in my ear around 11 times. I couldn't see a thing however because the bugs were so tiny. I woke up with 9 bug bites.. With 6 just on my face. Yup! I covered up everything except for my face which I sprayed a million times along with my pillow and bed in general, but I guess it didn't work. How wonderful. Just in time for today's concert. They are not all TOO noticeable though thankfully. The one on my foot is the most irritating one because it bothers me when I walk, but the others are okay.

We went to a mausoleum today to see the Mausoleum of the Chu Prince of the Western Han dynasty. The site was located where a brick and tile factory used to be. Some workers found terra cotta soldiers while digging pits. These terra-cotta soldiers were very tiny. We descended into the actual space where the prince's bones were stored. It was a complex underground area with multiple rooms including a kitchen, music chamber, weapon storage place, etc. After browsing, we listened to a performance of ancient Chinese instruments-- chimes and a stringed instrument. Our large group filled up the site, which was not used to large groups like ours!

For lunch, everyone had pizza except for Ryan C. and I. We ate the hotel lunch buffet instead. We both tried a young snail dish, which was surprisingly quite tasty. Everyone went to the pool afterwards before going to the concert hall.

Everyone had KFC for dinner, but Ryan and I had separate meals. I had a Pizza Hut Salad and some fried.. I disliked it and would have rather had Chinese food, but we didn't have time to leave and re-enter the hall.


Mother riding with her cute little daughter.


Walking to the mausoleum


Terra cotta soldiers






Performance




Concert Hall


In front of the hall with friends


Backstage


Eating dinner


Stage


Onstage

No comments:

Post a Comment