Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Love/Hate Relationship with Starbucks

Starbucks, I love you for the following 3 reasons:

1. You are always there for me.

I love your reliability. If I need you, wherever I may be on the planet, I know that you'll always be within a 10-minute drive away.

2. You provide me with free Internet access.

If all the sudden I need to talk to my boss and realize that it's 3:55 PM, and we have a meeting at 4 PM and I'm not at home... all I need to do is drive over to you, and everything's taken care of. Thanks to you I have not been fired.

3. You keep me alive.

When I'm driving home on the freeway after a long night or a busy day or both... and the sun's setting.. and all the sudden my eyelids are getting heavier... all I have to do is take the next exit and find you, MY SAVIOR, nearby with your delicious caffeinated drinks that infuse me with the power to survive.

Starbucks, I hate you for the following 3 reasons:

1. You eat my money.

As much as I love you, I love my money more.

2. You are a ruthless corporation.

Unfortunately you are not a kind, small community business that you pretend to be. You're an evil global corporation that preys on people's addictions and kills smaller businesses. You craftily use your advertising skills and other techniques to sell products for like 3 times as much as they are actually worth by just decorating it with your special cups and logos.

3. You fuel American obesity.

Your addictive sugary, fatty drinks make the world grow round. Stop making us all fat.

That being said...

I pick Coffee Bean over you

2 comments: