Sunday, January 5, 2014

Capturing the Noise of Seventeenhood

I just had the wonderful opportunity to dine with my a few of my favorites. I love you all :')

From left to right: Me (Michelle), Leah, Abby, Marissa, Annie, Anna.
There is never any silence when we are all seated around together. Tonight's conversation topics ranged from ... actually I have no idea where to begin... rice balls to fireworks to strange re-tellings of true-life fainting episodes? Yeah, that sounds about right.

We talk about everything. And also laugh about everything. I guess this is what having teenage friends is all about. Noise. Laughter. Crying. Shouting. Everywhere. All the time. This photograph pictures our poised, quiet-looking selves. But behind the pixels lies everything else. All the noise. All the liveliness of our seventeen-year-old selves.

I took this picture tonight so I can look back on this post in the future and remember all the noise behind our quiet smiles. :)

Also, shout-out to Absters and Nanners. There does indeed exist a restaurant named "Something Healthy". (haha, get it? You know how some people say, "Let's go out and get something healthy? There truly is a restaurant with the name "Something Healthy". Very creative in my opinion.) http://www.letseatsomethinghealthy.com/. I ate some vegan paninis there when I worked in Monrovia over the summer. On that note, I highly recommend grabbing something healthy to eat from there if you ever find yourself hungry in the Monrovia area.

No comments:

Post a Comment