Sunday, December 29, 2013

Apocalyptic Madness

For all you star gazers out there, you're welcome:

http://www.iflscience.com/space/skywatching-events-not-miss-2014

A schedule of predicted meteor showers, comets, and eclipses in 2014. Yes, this will be the year that you won't miss any of them.

Speaking of eclipses, I just have to mention May 9th's annular "ring of fire" eclipse. It just might have been the coolest eclipse I have ever experienced. The moon passed directly between the Earth and the Sun causing a sort of blinding, sepia effect. Everything was orange. It was so unexpected it was apocalyptic-like. I took photos with +Annie Munson,  but our phones' cameras could not do it justice. The 2nd picture was from my iPhone. The 3rd was taken from the Internet. I'm not THAT skilled of a photographer.





No comments:

Post a Comment